Far East Rail Service
In all elements at home
Forwarding logistics is more than the transport of goods. Every good has its own characteristics. That's why we have to constantly redefined and adapted optimal logistics solutions for your products that go beyond transport. In order to find the perfect solution, we have founded specialized subsidiaries and sought out strong partners and brought them together in the S-Group. This makes us at home with our partners in all elements:
with trucks and railways over land, with transport ships over rivers and oceans or with airplanes in Europe and worldwide. In particular, airfreight has changed in recent years. Thus, the terrorist attacks have led to tightening of the provisions. Comprehensive know-how and constant observation of the changing legal situation are indispensable here. Whether in the air, whether on the water or on land: at Schäfer & SIS Interlogistik® and your partners in the S-Group® you are in good hands.
Always in the track
The Rail freight is gaining in importance for trade with the Far East. So that we can make an optimal offer here as well, we are a member of the FIATA and the Federal Association for Forwarding and Logistics. In addition, we work with selected rail operators for FCL and LCL shipments from and to the main Railstations in Europe and China. We take the freight with you and deliver you - duly paid - directly to your customer.
Rail transport between China and Europe are
- less expensive than air freight
- faster than sea freight
- safer than sea-air transports
We organise for you:
- Services for full container load (FCL) and piece goods (LCL)
- The main container type used in railway freight traffic on this route are 40ft. Container – dry standard or high cube.
- Carriers offer transportation of 20ft dry standard containers in pairs only. Services for shipping of general cargo/piece goods is available,too
- Containers for LCL shipments are stowed at central hubs, for example in Hamburg or Duisburg
- In China, the LCL containers are unloaded at inland container depots where goods are loaded onto trucks for on-forwarding
Our experts appreciate to inform you about all facts at any time.